Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sams' First Dance Class!

Combo Tap & Ballet
Guess which is her favorite? Maybe she plans on being Clara or a Sugarplum Fairy one day ;)
She was so excited to go to class this evening! I told her she had to listen to her teacher and she looked me in the eye and promised she would. While we were waiting for class to start, one of the teachers came out calling for the [6 year old] ballet class. Sam dropped what she was doing and started on. We had to grab her and hold her back and explain that was for older girls. ha ha ha
She did great! I'm not sure if she didn't quite like the tap part or if she was still a little shy since it was first, but when I watched her do ballet, she seemed so free to move. I wish I got a pic of her facial expression when she came out of the dance studio... she was lit up! I asked her if she had fun; her response, "Yeeeah, but I want to go back!" She's also excited that Ella is in her class :)
There were only three students in the class: Ella, Samantha and another little girl. Here they are with Ms. Melissa tapping...
 and follow the leader ballet style...
 ... and sleeping...
She did do a great job listening, although she is still getting used to the different dance moves and feeling comfortable doing it all, so sometimes she did just stand around and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment